CobbleWeb, a leader in online marketplace development, is looking for an experienced technical lead for our international software development team. Our ideal candidate is adept at providing strong technical direction, resolving technical bottlenecks, and managing the technical quality of team deliverables.
Your hands-on approach ensures the team uses appropriate software development practices (e.g. automated testing), makes continuous improvements to minimise technical debt, and adapts in an agile manner to the business goals and challenges of each project.
You are comfortable collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to design optimal solutions from a technical point of view, i.e. making sure the application architecture fits the business context.
In short, we are looking for a big-picture thinker who is always looking for the best way to execute a project or task. Someone who has the proven ability to plan, design, lead, and execute technical solutions and improvements that deliver superior outcomes.
Areas of responsibility
Our Tech Lead will be involved in the following aspects of each project:
- Ensure the smooth running, and where necessary, improve the development workflow by validating, proposing and communicating information about new technologies and processes, e.g. the documentation of coding guidelines or investigating new third-party applications.
- Manage the productive utilisation of team assets by allocating work among developers according to their skills, experience and workload.
- Manage the orderly running of sprints by prioritising tasks and using sprint kickoff to explain how the order of tasks fits into the sprint strategy.
- Ensure all tickets are estimated accurately by organising and leading ticket estimation sessions.
- Ensure technical challenges are analysed, addressed and documented before development commences.
- Drive good time management (predictability) by ensuring developers provide realistic sprint delivery dates.
- Avoid misunderstandings and promote teamwork by promoting healthy communication flow within the team.
- Support purpose-driven development by designing (together with the management team) solutions that are aligned with each project’s business model and user flows. This includes active involvement in client demos, meetings and grooming documentation.
- Interrogate the specifications to ensure optimal outcomes. We don’t expect developers just to follow specifications blindly. At CobbleWeb, we believe that a collective approach produces best-in-class solutions that help our clients succeed.
- Organise the work by breaking down feature epics into stories and tasks.
- Help remove blockers. E.g. researching the suitability of new technology or clarifying acceptance criteria on a ticket.
- Establish clear reference points that can be accessed by the whole team by documenting the technical choices for new projects and features.
- Ensure high-performance, scalable and maintainable platforms by choosing the right technical architecture, data model and framework.
- Oversee the deployment of applications to different environments (DEV / STAGING / PROD).
- Promote client satisfaction by ensuring sufficient and meaningful test coverage.
- Drive code quality through regular code reviews and automated testing.
- Reduce QA engineer workload by making sure tests are launched and passed before each deployment.
- Lead from the front by being a role model that follows CobbleWeb’s general expectations (ownership, quality assurance, speed).
- Help team members to grow and perform in their roles by coaching them in the use of technologies and processes. Always be available to help team members.
- Understand the value and timing of delegation.